For over 20 years, TAP has been the standard in Dental Sleep Medicine due to its efficacy and ease of use. Over 36 peer reviewed studies have demonstrated the effectiveness in treating all levels of obstructive sleep apnea (OSA). The bottom line is the fundamental design of the TAP works.
When designing the dreamTAP, the core fundamentals were a must-have to keep the effectiveness while improving upon the previous versions. So what does the dreamTAP have that makes it part of the successful and effective TAP System?
- Single Point Midline Adjustment: This unique design feature is a trademark of TAP devices. It empowers patients to fine-tune treatment at home, as well as work with the clinician to achieve the best results. The single point of central adjustment prevents uneven bilateral adjustment that may be created with alternative devices. Single point, midline advancement and small incremental adjustment ( ¼ mm) have proven to be one of the most effective methods of treating OSA today.
- Medicare Approved: The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) agrees with the TAP design as ALL TAP appliances, including dreamTAP, are approved for Medicare reimbursement. Since this represents a significant portion of patients, prescribers can feel confident that the dreamTAP is covered under the broadest range of insurance plans.
- All hardware MADE IN THE USA: All of the custom TAP hardware is manufactured in the USA
- ISO 13485 Certified: As a medical device manufacturing company, we feel it is extremely important to provide consistent quality. We pride ourselves on our comprehensive quality management system and continually work to ensure we meet all ISO 13485 standards.
- Combination/Hybrid Therapy: As time goes on, OSA is known to progress due to a variety of causes. The dreamTAP allows clinicians to continue treating patients beyond what a typical oral appliance can provide with the addition of a nasal pillow mask. The dreamTAP easily attaches to the TAP PAP CS to provide combination CPAP and OAT to ensure the patient continues to manage their OSA.
- Compliance Chip Monitoring: Compliance measurement has been used in CPAP devices for years, now the TAP combined with DentiTrac allows us to do the same with the dreamTAP.
As part of an 8-part series, we are going to dive into the features and upgrades of the dreamTAP. So you don’t miss out on any of the new information, follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn or Twitter to stay up to date on all TAP system product information!