At Airway Management, we are committed to improving the health, well-being and quality of life for people who suffer from sleep-disordered breathing. And we fully support clinicians, health care professionals and laboratory technicians in this endeavor. Our line of TAP Sleep Care oral appliances is the industry leader in the treatment of snoring and sleep apnea.
For more than 30 years, Dr. W. Keith Thornton, a third generation dentist in Dallas, Texas, focused his dental practice on the treatment of temporomandibular disorders (TMD), and was a leader in the use of splint therapy for the treatment of TMD pain. In 1994, using his knowledge and background in TMD management, Dr. Thornton developed the Thornton Adjustable Positioner®, or TAP®, a custom-made, patient-adjustable oral device that is worn while sleeping to treat sleep disordered breathing.
The TAP’s simple design and high compliance rate makes it the most effective device available to treat snoring and obstructive sleep apnea (OSA). The TAP is also the primary oral appliance replacement for the Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP) machine and surgery. Today, TAP Sleep Care is recognized as the market leader in oral appliances with over 300,000 sold worldwide. The TAP also has more independent peer reviewed studies published than any other oral appliance on the market.
At Airway Management, our success is based upon:
- Continued customer education and personalized customer care
- Ongoing product research and development
- High quality materials provided by partnering suppliers
- Teamwork and employee excellence
- Compliance with applicable regulatory requirements and quality standards as set forth by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), ISO Standards, and Texas Department of State Health Services requirements